.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ponder Points

A Ponder Point is a significant, outstanding, or effective idea, argument or suggestion that needs to be weighed in the mind with thoroughness and care.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Ponder Points From John Wayne

Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.

Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much.

If everything isn't black and white, I say, "Why the hell not?"

I've had three wives, six children and six grandchildren and I still don't understand women

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." (From The Shootist)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home